Monday 3 September 2012

More Date Weekend than Date Night!




L and I have just came back from celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary. 
We can’t believe it has been 1 YEAR! It has gone by so fast. We got married on 2nd September in the Midlands, in the U.K. It was a beautiful day, even though I was sooo nervous!

I am so happy we get to share our life together that I get to live with my best friend and love of my life. We have gone through so much together. This year has had so many ups and downs, but L is still the only person I want to spend my life with. The only person that drives me crazy and makes me fall in love, all at the same time and the only person that truly knowns me, other than God.

(My flowers from our wedding)

We went away for a short break; we stayed at a small guest house/ hotel in Sudbury, Suffolk, U.K. We couldn’t afford to do anything extravagant, but we wanted to mark the occasion in a special way.

We wanted to go to a small town called Lavenham near by. Parts of "Harry Potter" were filmed in the town. It is a medieval town; it has so much history there. All the houses are slanted and look like they will fall down haha. It has so much charm and personality!

The whole town was VERY English J There were lots of independent retailers too, which is so cool to find, every store was different and had a unique quality. 
I would recommend this town for anyone, history buffs, shopaholics or foodies. J

 Here are some photos we took:
This building was used in “Harry Potter”

I want this to be my front house! Haha
The sliding house!

The local church


Can you see me? I am at the bottom! J

 An old style Kitchen, so glad they are not like this now!


We pray, we will have many more anniversaries to come and another 59 years! 

Be strong and take heart,
Butterflies & Rubies
J


No comments:

Post a Comment